It's another great day of podcasting for you today at one of the hottest new nutritional health podcasts called Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore & The Doc (listen and leave a review for the show on iTunes HERE). Our cohosts are 10-year veteran health podcaster and international bestselling author Jimmy Moore from "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" and Arizona osteopath and certified bariatric physician Dr. Adam Nally from "Doc Muscles" sharing their knowledge all about low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat, ketogenic diets. We've been overwhelmed with the incredible support we've received from our listeners since debuting in January and we look forward to continuing to answer the most pressing questions about ketosis. In case you've missed any of first nine episodes so far, be sure to listen to Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, 7, 8, and 9. Listen in today as Jimmy and Adam bring more ketogenic diet information for you today in Episode 10!
Here’s what Jimmy and Adam talked about in Episode 10:
- The autoimmune disease woes of the late Glenn Frey
- What is the deal with constipation on a ketogenic diet?
- Are there any supplements that people should take on keto?
Plus, don't miss our question from the Keto Talk Mailbox:
First of all, I love your new question and answer podcast. I feel I am fairly discerning of what podcasts I listen to, and you guys do a great job.
I have started testing foods for my ketogenic lifestyle. I check my blood sugar before eating the food in question, one hour after and two hours after. How high of a number would be too high to say that that food should be avoided? My morning ketones are usually around 1.1. My fasting glucose upon awakening is usually 85 to 89. I just started Keto 3 weeks ago.
If it is a food that I really want to eat, could I mute the elevated glucose by having 20 or 30 g of fat along with it?
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 10
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Try the KETO//OS exogenous ketones supplement
- SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the 2015 Ketonix breath ketone analyzer from Ketonix.com
- Jimmy Moore from "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
- Dr. Adam Nally, DO from DocMuscles.com
- Glenn Frey’s Medication Contributed to His Death, Manager Says